Invitation for participation
WORKSHOP, 2 March 2017: Introduction of HAWASSI-wave software for wave-tank, coastal and ocean engineering applications
SYMPOSIUM, 3 March 2017: New developments on coastal and ocean engineering
at Lawangwangi Creative Space,
The workshop is designed to introduce Hawassi-wave software and to give a quick start in the back ground of the modelling methods and the practical use of the software.
The symposium aims to share recent developments on coastal and ocean engineering.
HAWASSI software can simulate irrotational, inviscid wave in any circumstance from high waves in the ocean, waves in harbours above varying bathymetry, above steep underwater slope and waves run-up on a coast. Compared to nearly 100 experiments, the performance has been shown in multiple international publications to be very good, better and (much) faster than any other available software like MIKE21BW, SWASH, etc.. Handling of the software with default setting and with warnings is made easy by providing pre-processing and very extensive post-processing facilities, clearly explained in manuals and supported by GUI’s.
In the workshop the basic advanced applied-mathematical background is provided, and the use of the software will be explained and trained. Participants will download a trial version on their own laptop an assisted in the first simulations. Set-up of participants’ own problem can also be guided.
Schedule and organization:
Day 1 Workshop
Lecturers and instructors are
Dr. Ruddy Kurnia
Andreas Wijaya, M.Sc
Prof. Brenny van Groesen
- Background of modelling methods in Hawassi and functionalities.
- Installing software and training with functionalities, test cases and your own application.
Day 2 Symposium (@30 minutes)
- The experimental study on ocean wave energy conversion using wave-current turbine. (Dr. Erwandi)
- Sea surface reconstruction and prediction from X-band radar images. (Andreas Parama)
- Development of kapuk naga indah in Jakarta bay. (Dedi Waryono)
- Numerical approaches as a tool for managing marine and coastal resources. (Dr. Semeidi Husrin)
- Development of Indonesian low probability of intercept (LPI) radar system. (Yussi Perdana S)
- Study case of jacket transportation particularly in motion analysis (Taufan Juliano Siregar)
- Simulations of wave penetration into a harbour with an access channel (Dr. Ruddy Kurnia)
Register before 25 February 2017 by sending an email, including an abstract for a contributed talk if so desired, to email@example.com.
Registration fee is Rp. 1.000.000 for each event and a discount Rp 500.000 for attending both workshop and symposium.
A limited number of students can get discount of 80% when attending both activities; for selection please send a letter of motivation and CV.
a) Workshop : Rp 1.000.000,-
b) Symposium :Rp 1.000.000,-
c) Both a&b : Rp 1.500.000,-
d) Selected students : Rp 300.000.
The fee includes workshop materials, certificate, lunch and refreshments. If you need accommodation, a nearest hotel, Villatel Salse, can be an option (www.salsebandung.com).
Leaflet can be downloaded below
2017_WorkshopSymposium_Leaflet_LMI_2.pdf (2791 downloads)
Book of abstracts and schedule of the events can be downloaded below
Abstracts symposium LMI 2017 (250 downloads)
Workshop-and-Symposium-Schedule.pdf (245 downloads)